Monday, December 15, 2008

A few of my favourite podcasts

I love the randomness of podcasts. One day I can be learning about the genius and mad scientist that was Nicola Tesla, another day be inspired by Kid Logic, and another relive the panic that was caused by the original "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast 70 years ago.

In no particular order, here's a few of my favourites.

1 - This American Life
2 - Slate Political Gabfest
3 - WNYC's Radio Lab
4 - Studio 360 with Kurt Andersen
5 - PRI: The Sound of Young America. It's hard to beat the tagline on this one - "A public radio show about things that are awesome"
6 - Big Ideas
7 - NPR: Fresh Air from WHYY. Consistently great
8 - KCRW's The Treatment. Wonderfully insightful interviews by the host (Elvis Mitchell) with today's most influential and creative forces in popular art and entertainment
9 - CBC Radio: Q The podcast
10 - Democracy Now with Amy Goodman

Any favourites you might share with me?

No comments: