Sunday, March 22, 2009

NASA TV rocks

I spent a bit of the weekend watching NASA TV and the amazing coverage of STS-119 - the current space shuttle mission to the International Space Station. To be honest, I haven't really been paying much attention to any of the recent Space Shuttle launches. But after following @nasa on twitter, I found myself totally absorbed yesterday by stunning live images of the spacewalk (EVA). The two astronauts (Steve Swanson and Joseph Acaba) were out there for 6 1/2 hours. It's quite a thing to watch these two tiny figures clinging to the massive Space Station, with Earth as the backdrop - all happening in the moment.



While on the space theme, I was totally blown away by this footage of Jupiter slipping behind the sun - you can even see the moons orbiting Jupiter. Thanks to Bad Astronomy for posting this link (an awesome blog by the way)



This is an older link that I found on another great post over at Bad Astronomy. The moon, which to our eyes is so immense, looks so small in comparison to the mighty sun.

1 comment:

trudi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.